College Drive Construction Project, Brainerd/Baxter, MN
Crow Wing County, the City of Brainerd, and
the City of Baxter are partnering together to improve the College Drive/Road corridor. The construction project extends from west of
CSAH 48 in Baxter on College Road to just
north and east of the intersection of Quince Street and 5th Street on College Drive in Brainerd.
Project improvements include construction of:
- Four-lane roadway with a raised landscaped median
- Three roundabouts
- Two traffic signal systems
- New Renee Street for access to the apartments from SW 6th Street to SW 4th Street
- Pedestrian pathway along the north side of the roadway and a sidewalk system along the south side of College Drive for a large portion of the project
- Pedestrian crossing with flasher system at Central Lakes College
- Landscape and median irrigation amenities
The City of Brainerd, in conjunction with Crow Wing County and the City of Baxter, awarded the construction contract to the low bidder, Anderson Brothers Construction Company. WSB & Associates, Inc., along with Westwood Professionals, were retained by the City of Brainerd to prepare concept plans and plans and specifications along with providing contract administration, inspection, and surveying for the project.
Roundabout Article from the Brainerd Dispatch
Project Layout Map
* Grading of Renee Street and behind the existing curbline to accommodate utility relocation along the corridor. Trees and shrubs within proposed construction limits will be removed and some inconvenience to traffic may occur.
- Preliminary work was done in 2011
* Majority of improvements to College Road and College Drive will be completed during this timeframe.
Construction from April 9, 2012 to November 2012
- October 1, 2012 - click to veiw the lastest Press Release
- October 1, 2012 - click to view the lastest Construction Status Layout
- August 20, 2012 - click to view a picture of the project progress
- August 16, 2012 - click to view the Construction Status Layout
- August 15, 2012 - click to view Announcement
- July 13, 2012 - click to view Road Closure Announcement
- June 27, 2012 - click to view the Construction Status Layout
- June 25, 2012 - click to view the news release and road closure update
- June 25, 2012 - click to view the Construction Status Layout
- May 30, 2012 - click to view the latest news release
- April 4, 2012 - click to view the latest construction news
|Ron Bray, PE
Vice President/Project Manager
WSB & Associates, Inc.
Project Supervisor/ Lead Inspector
WSB & Associates, Inc.
Anderson Brothers Construction Company